I can’t believe this month is over already and it’s almost 2016!
The end of the month is a popular time for reviewing a bullet journal/planner setup and examining what worked and what didn’t. I’ve definitely made some changes to my Arc bullet journal since I last posted about it.
First is my dividers. The Giftie Etcetera style setup wasn’t working for me, so I shifted things around. Now my dividers are (unofficially): Current Month, Next Month, Future, Household, Personal, Collections, Notes/Reference. So far this is working better for me, but as with everything, that’s subject to change.
I started using a single list with day headers as opposed to migrating things every day (which gets old). At first I was migrating when I started a new spread, but then I dropped that too. This is working out So Much Better than migrating a billion tasks every day. Now if I could pick just one header style I’m able to draw…
Part way through the month, I started missing my week layouts. Sometimes I need to write something down a few days in advance, but it doesn’t really need to go on the month log. I drew out the week to finish out the month, but I’m “shopping” for a printable that I like. (If I don’t find something, I’ll make it up myself.)
Another thing I changed was my “today” marker/dashboard. The one I had made stuck up past the cover of my notebook and was getting bent up. I made a new one with two sheets of cardstock that sticks out the side, and that’s working out better.
What else is changing?
- I’m taking the habit tracking off my month log for January. I put one for SAVERS on the back of the month log page.
- I want to add meal planning to my weekly spread. This is an area of my life that needs serious work.
- I’ve added a blog planning calendar. I’ve been using Trello in the style of Kara’s (Boho Berry) tutorial, but it’s just not an effective tool for me. I’m going back to a simple (undated) calendar with Post-it flags. We’ll see how this works out.
- I may switch to my Sharpie Pens. It’s a toss-up.
- I got a Walmart gift card for Christmas, which I may use for supplies (stay tuned!).
I think that’s all for this time.
Are you making changes to your bullet journal or planner for the new month/year? Do you have any suggestions for planner printables or meal planning? Let me know in the comments!
Don’t forget to follow the blog, and find me on Twitter and Instagram for more content.
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂