Day 5: layouts and inserts
I mentioned in my Instagram post for this day of the challenge that I’m testing a few weekly layouts. I’ve done weekly layouts before (more than once) and last month I decided to forego them, but I found I missed that space for a bit more in-depth planning. The problem now is figuring out exactly which layout works best.
(See a collage of what I’ve tried at the bottom of the post.)
- I feel like a week on two pages often goes underutilized, and space gets wasted. I’ve tried 2-3 different ways of splitting up a whole spread and none were “right” for every week.
- In December, I tried putting two weeks on one page and ran out of room many days. Then I had to flip back and forth to my overflow “day” pages. Still it was an interesting experiment.
- This past week I had the week on one page, but the facing page had already been filled with daily notes from earlier–meaning more page flipping. I was closer to the “sweet spot”, but obviously I need to leave more space between weeks.
- The upcoming week’s page is similar to one I’ve tried before, with all the days down the left half. Since I drew it in ahead of time, I’ll have to deal with the page flipping again, but I’m willing to push through to see if this works better this time.
- The other day Planner Fun and Giftie Etcetera teamed up with a new insert printable that I’m kind of excited to try. Since I’m already printing my own dot grid pages, it wasn’t a big deal to print these on one side to try out. They will have to wait another week to be used though.
Do you have a favorite weekly layout or insert? Let me know in the comments!
As always, don’t forget to follow the blog, and find me on Twitter and Instagram for more content. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂